Problem With Gnome Display Manager(GDM) in Ubuntu 11.04

Assalamualaikum. Minna-san konnichiwa. Hi everyone. I want to share you something.

Before this, I'm using Ubuntu 10.10. So when Ubuntu 11.04 is avaiable, I immediately upgrade it. Time taken to get new packages is about 1 days! Its too long for me to wait because the channel/server used is very slow which is about 12kb/s and less. So, i recommend if you want to upgrade Ubuntu 10.10 to Ubuntu11.04, dont forget to change the high speed channel/server. Here is the place:
First, open Synaptic Package Manager.



Now, you will have a high speed rate.

Then, after finished upgrading, i suddenly thinking to make my profile background with Maru the Cat. I get the gelp from my お父さん(father). Its a little bit difficult as I don't have much knowledge about programming. Its not the ordinary background (not that one picture background but background like windows7). It need 3 steps to do it. I will talk about it later.

Now, we come to GDM. After i finished setting up my background, I restart my computer. But then, it surprise me! My Ubuntu goes black! It doesn't want to open. So, after finding out the problem (which my お父さん did), he finally get the result. custom.conf is missing from /etc/gdm/

So, how we resolve this? Its easy as you can only copy custom.conf to gdm folder. I also attached the content of custom.conf, Then, you can have your Ubuntu back. Have a try.


#I forgot to mention where i copy. You can run Ubuntu from USB/live CD then copy the file from it(the same location).

Comments