Solution for Black Sreen, Bluetooth, Flash Video in Acer TimelineX in Ubuntu 11.04

Assalamualaikum Konnichiwa minna-san!!(^-^*)

Now, i want to talk about free open source (OS), Ubuntu 11.04 which I'm using right now. I'm using Acer Aspire TimelineX 3280TG and it have sooooo many problem. It's annoying at first but at the end, i've fall in love with this OS. loll

\(^ ^)/

As the title says, there are black screen at occur everytime i boot Ubuntu. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to boot it without problem. Anyway, I'm not always lucky. haha

( ̄へ ̄)
Most of the time, the screen goes black. It hangs just like that. So, I need to do hard shutdown. So, how to solve this. My father did it for me! haha... But bear in mind, I'm watching what my father is doing although sometimes I didn't understand anything.

o(^^o)(o^^)o

I've quote from this source.
For those interested, I have been able to get Ubuntu working quite well on the Timeline 3820TG-3022. Basic usage was possible out of the box (Intel card only, no multitouch scrolling, no brightness control, broadcom WiFi drivers available in "Additional Drivers") but required a bit of tweaking. F
FOR BLACK SCREEN PROBLEM:
First off, as many people have found out, if you install the proprietary ATI drivers for the 5470 you'll be presented with a black screen on reboot. This is because the device uses switchable graphics - to fix this, go into your BIOS settings and switch "switchable" to "discrete" - essentially disabling the switchable feature as it is not yet supported in Ubuntu. Doing so should fix that problem and you should be rocking Warsow in no time. It's also important to note that I gained an additional hour or so in battery life after doing this.

FOR TURNING ON BLUETOOTH:

I've tried the webcam and microphone - both work under Cheese and Sound Recorder respectively. Bluetooth can be turned on by counter-intuitively pressing FN+F3 which doesn't actually seem to have anything to do with WiFi, despite how it's labeled (I have not yet tried to transfer files over Bluetooth, but the icon does appear in the indicator applet and tells me that Bluetooth has been "enabled").
*WARNING: Press FN+F3 ONCE only! Your system will hang if you press again.(*´ο`*)=3

One more thing, your LED lamp for Wifi/Bluetooth won't light up as usual. haha.. So if you want to make sure your bluetooth is on, open Bluetooth and that's it.

FOR FLASH VIDEO PROBLEM (BLINKING):

This happens because TimelineX 3280TG is 64bit. Ubuntu doesn't have 64bit. So, you need to it manually. Write this in the terminal

sudo apt-get install flashplugin64-installer 
source form this site.
 That's all. Mata ne..~~☆ミ(o*・ω・)

Comments