Learn Nihon : Vocabulary (1/2)

Assalamualaikum, Ni hao, Konnichiwa,
Below are some of vocabulary in Japanese. So please increase your vocab now so that it is easy to converse in Japan. hihi~

I copy this from somewhere. That's why it is unorganized and in table.

~ wa doko desuka.
~はどこですか。
Where is ~?
Koko kara tooi desu ka.
ここから遠いですか。
Is it far from here? 
Massugu itte kudasai.
まっすぐ行ってください。
Please go straight.
Migi ni magatte kudasai.
右に曲がってください。
Please turn right.



koko
ここ
here
soko
そこ
there
asoko
あそこ
that over there
migi
right
hidari
left
massugu
まっすぐ
straight
mae
front
ushiro
後ろ
behind
yoko
side
tonari
next to
mukai
向かい
cross
tooi
遠い
far
chikai
近い
near
  
higashi
east
nishi
西
west
minami
south
kita
north

iro
colors
ao
blue
aka
red
chairo
茶色
brown
daidaiiro
橙色
orange
haiiro
灰色
gray
kiiro
黄色
yellow
kimidori
黄緑
light green
kuro
black
midori
green
mizuiro
水色
light blue
momoiro
桃色
pink
murasaki
purple
shiro
white
Sukina iro wa nan desu ka.
好きな色は何ですか。
What is your favorite color?

aka  red
daidai orange
ki yellow
midori green
ao blue
ai indigo
murasaki  violet

apaato
アパート
apartment
biiru
ビール
beer
puuru
プール
pool
keeki
ケーキ
cake
koohii
コーヒー
coffee

Ashita yuki ga furu kana.
明日雪が降るかな。
I wonder if it will snow tomorrow.
Ano hito wa supein-jin kana.
あの人はスペイン人かな。
I wonder if he/she is Spanish. 
"~ kashira (~かしら)" can be replaced with "~ kana", though it is used only by females.


Kore ikura kashira.
これいくらかな。
I wonder how much it is.
Dou shita no kashira.
どうしたのかしら。
I wonder what happened.

Nani o kite ikou kana.
何を着ていこうかな。
What shall I wear?
Mattete kureru kana.
待っててくれるかな。
I wonder if he/she will wait for me.
Machiawase-basho machigaeta kana.
待ち合わせ場所間違えたかな。
I wonder if I am waiting
in the wrong place.
Okane, ato ikura nokotteru kana.
お金、後いくら残ってるかな。
I wonder how much money I have left.
Rainen wa ii koto aru kana.
来年はいいことあるかな。
I wonder if next year will bring
something good. 

nani
what
kite
着て
the te-form of
the verb "kiru (to wear)"
ikou
行こう
volitional form of
the verb "iku (to go)"

osokunaru
遅くなる
to be late for
Notes
"~ sou (da)" expresses the speaker's speculation. It translates into "look," "seem," "feel like" etc.
machiawase-basho
待ち合わせ場所
the place for waiting
machigaeru
間違える
to be wrong
 

mou
もう
soon
kuru
来る
to come
hazu
はず
be expected to

ato
あと
later
go-fun
五分
five minutes
matou
待とう
volitional form of
the verb "matsu (to wait)"

okureru
遅れる
to be late
gomen
ごめん
I am sorry.

matteite
待っていて
the te-form of
 "matteiru (to be waiting)"
arigatou
ありがとう
Thank you.

That's all. Jaane~

Comments